Nobody should go to work in fear of harassment, discrimination, or retaliation.
State and Federal Laws ensure your right to equal employment opportunity, regardless of your race, religion, nationality, or sex. As the State of Michigan Department of Civil Rights notes, these laws prohibit employers from discriminating against their employees in the form of:
- refusing employment,
- paying less money for equal work,
- harassing or subjecting an employee to unequal treatment on the job,
- denying membership in a labor organization,
- expelling an employee from a labor organization,
- denying promotion,
- denying representation in a grievance,
- firing without just cause, and
- denying admission to a training program.
If you have experienced any of these situations listed, contact our office. We can help!